- Center for Yoga Southfield - Center for Yoga Relaxation and Health offers Hatha Yoga classes that exercise the mind and body, to strengthen and restore a greater sense of well being and relaxation.
Yoga Classes include:
Healthy Backs: Healthy Backs is a class that integrates the whole body with special emphasis on breath and relaxation. This class is for "every" body.
Medayoga: Medayoga is a powerfully calming class using meditation and yoga postures to integrate the mind and body. . This class is for "every" body.
Prenatal Yoga: Yoga during pregnancy is one of the best gifts you can give yourself and your baby. Come join us. This class is for women in all stages of pregnancy.
Vinyasa Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga is a cardio intensive practice which links breath and movement in a free flowing sequence.
Short Form Ashtanga Yoga: Short Form Ashtanga Yoga develops foundations of breathing, sun salutations, and basic postures.
Ashtanga Yoga: Ashtanga Yoga is a disciplined and invigorating flow of postures which link breath and movement to create internal heat that aligns and purifies the body, and calms the mind.
Ashtanga Yoga Mysore Style: Ashtanga Yoga Mysore Style is a class designed to help students develop their own personal practice. Students may attend this advanced class only with prior permission.
See class descriptions for more information on these classes, or class schedule for times and days of all classes.
Over 40 classes each week, including Ashtanga, Intro to Ashtanga, Healthy Backs, Medayoga, Prenatal Yoga, Vinyasa yoga.
- Namaste Yoga - Namaste Yoga offers 37 classes a week in Ashtanga, Beginning Ashtanga, Basic, Better Backs, Prenatal, Restorative Yoga and Meditation. All classes are walk-in: preregistration is not required. Teacher preparation programs are based on standards currently recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Namaste Yoga welcomes students in a beautifully renovated historical building.
- Astanga Yoga - Yoga In The Woods - A challenging and flowing form of hatha yoga. It is designed to bring the body, mind and spirit into perfect alignment and function. The practice is sweaty, progressive and fun. Breath control (ujayi), isometrics (bandhas), focused gazing (dristi), and the uninterrupted flow (vinyasa), of traditional yoga postures (asanas) are melded together to enhance self control and self awareness.
- de la Ferriere Center - Located in Waterford MI, the de la Ferriere Center is a non-profit organization of volunteers who promote balanced living through body conditioning, discipline, self study, and service. Yoga Classes are offered in the de la Ferriere tradition of yoga, which combines multiple elements of traditional yoga. Beginner, Series 1 and Series 2 classes are offered in 8-9 week sessions. A yoga study group is also held in the organization.
- Fitness Yoga - Fitness Yoga studio in Grand Rapids, MI. Available massages and personal training also
- Rising Sun Yoga - Rising Sun Yoga is a new studio expected to open in April of 2002. A full range of yoga products will be offered along with drop in yoga classes in a variety of styles and instructor training courses.
- Savoyard Yoga - Overlooking the Detroit River, Savoyard Yoga is located on the top floor of the Buhl Building in the heart of downtown Detroit. Basic or "hatha" yoga, ashtanga mix and gentle "workbreak" yoga. Mixed level classes.
- Soft Belly Yoga - Kripalu yoga classes offered in two locations, west Lansing and Grand Ledge.Classes are 6-weeks in duration,year around.Private sessions for restorative, injury related and depression are available. Meditative quiet settings. Yoga for the soul (Added: 16-Jul-2001)|Kripalu yoga classes offered in two locations, west Lansing and Grand Ledge.Classes are 6-weeks in duration,year around.Private sessions for restorative, injury related and depression are available. Meditative quiet settings. Yoga for the soul
- the yoga studio - 5 experienced teachers offer ongoing classes in all levels of hatha yoga, breathing awareness and relaxation. Iyengar influenced, attention is given to individual differences, giving students the means to optimize their potential. Classes 6 days and week. Private instruction also available.
- Yoga and Meditation from an Enlightened Master from India - Isha Yoga Center, a non-profit 100% voluntary organisation containing over 150,000 meditators in India.Its founder Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, an enlightened master has transformed thousands of people from struggle and disappointment to peace and fulfilment in India.His presence creates an extraordinary opportunity to breakthrough limitations to move into ones natural state of freedom,love and joy.His approach towards inner journey is scientific.The yoga classes (with meditation and pranayama)are very effective for stress relief,depression,hypertension,asthma,diebetes and other psycosomatic diseases.The restfulness given by the 15 minutes meditation taught here is medically equal to 2 to 3 hours of sleep.Memory,concentration and work productivity could be improved significantly.Classes happen for one week 3 hours.Fees 200 dollars.
- Yoga Practice Center - An Ann Arbor yoga center that is dedicated to the ancient art of yoga as taught by B.K.S. Iyengar. Daily classes welcome students of all levels of experience.
- Yogic Sciences Research Foundation - The YSRF is a non profit organization that teaches yoga classes in the Greater Lansing Area. We also hold annual dinners, workshops and free teacher training. Please contact us to learn more about our free yoga class times and locations, or to have us come to your area.